Powered By Blogger

Thursday 8 August 2013

Unusual ways to combat stress


Stressed = Dessert(s)

We have all read numerous articles on the harmful effects of stress and how to combat them. Magazine articles suggest a plethora of coping strategies to de-stress from exercise, writing down in journal or simply managing your time better. These are great, and in my personal experience they do aid in making me feel “sane”. So instead of listing a few of the conventional ways of tackling stress, I decided to compile a list of a few (unusual) strategies I use to calm down:

Take out your colouring books

There is nothing like adding a bit of colour to a black and white sheet of paper to release tension.

Watch children’s show

Yes, at the age of 18 I still get a kick out of Barney. I guess they are some things you will never grow out off. There is just something therapeutic about a dancing purple dinosaur.

Play with your little sister/ cousin/ nephew

This works provided you are patient with kids. I just love to enviously watch little children running around so care-free at the park, longing for the days I didn’t have a paper on Timbuktu due the next day.

Bounce a ball around

Make funky shapes with play dough

Chew gum

Eat dessert.

Stressed spelled backwards is desserts! So go ahead a make yourself red velvet cupcakes decked with lots of icing  , I mean a fruit salad salad.

Peace and love

 

xoxoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment