Powered By Blogger

Sunday 11 August 2013

Popcorn bites: Arthur Christmas, Safe Haven, Vamps (spoilers)

Arthur Christmas (2011)
Directed by: Barry Cook and Sarah Smith
Starring: James McAvoy, Hugh Laurie, Bill Nighy
Genre: Animation
IMDb Synopsis: On Christmas night at the North Pole, Santa's youngest son looks to use his father's high-tech operation for an urgent mission.
My rating: 5.5/10
My Comment: Haha, I got into the Christmas spirit early this year. This movie was sweet and there are a lot of hidden messages through out the film. I did, however, get bored half-way through the movie. I did hang on till the end, though.


Safe Haven (2013)

Directed by: Lasse Hallstrom
Starring: Julianne Hough, Josh Duhamel, Cobie Smoulders
Genre: Romance
IMDb Synopsis: A young woman with a mysterious past lands in Southport, North Carolina where her bond with a widower forces her to confront the dark secret that haunts her.
My rating:  9.5/10
My Comment: This movie was brilliantly good. It had romance, it had drama and it had mystery. It a a perfect adaptation of the Nicholas Sparks novel. This movie had SUCH a beautiful cast. I even drooled over Josh Duhamel in some scenes. An absolutely breath-taking film.


Vamps (2012)

Directed by: Amy Heckerling
Starring: Alicia Silverstone, Krysten Ritter, Sigourney Weaver
Genre: Comedy
IMDb Synopsis: Two female vampires in modern-day New York City are faced with daunting romantic possibilities.
My rating: 7/10
My Comment: It really was nice seeing a girly, yet simple vampire film. The last scene when Goody felt the sun on her skin for the first time in centuries and then finally turned to dust made me cry so much. This movie isn't over the top with violence. Just a nice, breezy chick-flick with a twist.

No comments:

Post a Comment