Powered By Blogger

Saturday 3 August 2013

Popcorn Bites: Spring Breakers and Far and Away

Spring Breakers (2012)


Directed by: Harmony Korine
Starring: James Franco, Selena Gomez, Ashley Benson and Rachel Korine
IMDb Synopsis: Four college girls who land in jail after robbing a restaurant in order to fund their spring break find themselves bailed out by a drug and arms dealer who wants them to do some dirty work.
Genre: Drama
My Rating: 8/10
My Comment: For an unexpected cast and heavy story line, I enjoyed this movie quite a lot. I'm not a party girl myself and to be honest some of the party scenes did make me feel dizzy... I understood the concept and the writing for this film

Far and Away (1992)

Directed by: Ron Howard
Starring: Tom Cruise, Nicole Kidman and Thomas Gibson
IMDb Synopsis:  A young man leaves Ireland with his landlord's daughter, after some trouble with her father and they dream of owning land in Oklahoma.
Genre: Romance
My Rating: 5/10
My Comment: Its very rare that I can tolerate a movie such as this one. Despite Tom Cruises Irish accent, he did an excellent job in this film. And I have just confirmed that Nicole Kidman looks good playing any role.

No comments:

Post a Comment