Powered By Blogger

Friday 2 August 2013

Beetroot Smoothie: Healthy Fridays

 

DIY Project: Beetroot Smoothie
I just love making smoothies, and the best part of making smoothies is that you can add anything. Well, I do. I literally scavenge the kitchen for anything I can find, never adhering to a set plan. And when I was in the mood for a smoothie, we had one thing that was in excess in our kitchen:beetroots. I rarely follow recipes. For me, making smoothies is like art... anything goes really. But beetroots are a great food, despite sometimes not being easily digested by the body in my personal experience. I just love the flavour... the bright red colour... They are awesome, in anything!
Ingredients
-          2-3 beetroots  ( I am too lazy to peel them perfectly, but just make sure you wash them)
-          Celery
-          A leaf/ handful of spinach
-          Fruit yoghurt( I used banana yoghurt but anything goes really, though I do prefer unsweetened yoghurt)
-          Pinch of ginger
-          Few teaspoons of lemon juice
-          Two cups of fruit juice( I used orange and mango)
Method
-          Just blend it until it looks edible. That was too easy, wasn’t it?
Outcome
I enjoyed it!
Peace and love

Xoxo
Imani Dlamini

No comments:

Post a Comment