Powered By Blogger

Wednesday 29 May 2013

Popcorn Bites: The Taking of Pelham 123, John Q, Men in Black

The taking of Pelham 123 (2009)
Directed by: Tony Scott
Starring: Denzel Washington, John Travolta, Luis Guzman
Genre: Crime, Action, Thriller
IMDb Synopsis:Armed men hijack a New York subway train, holding the passengers hostage in return for a ransom, and turning an ordinary day's work for dispatcher Walter Garber into a face-off with the mastermind behind the crime.
My Rating: 8/10
My Comment: This is the first action movie that I have enjoyed in a long time. It had a good story line and you could feel the anger that John Travolta produced.

John Q (2002)

Directed by: Nick Cassavetes
Starring: Gabriela Oltean, Denzel Washington, Kimberly Elise
Genre: Drama, Thriller
IMDb Synopsis: A down-on-his luck father, whose insurance won't cover his son's heart transplant, takes the hospital emergency room hostage until the doctors agree to perform the operation.
My Rating: 7.5/10
My Comment: A brilliant story that had me in tears. John truly was a hero.

Men in Black (1997)

Directed by: Barry Sonnenfeld
Starring: Tommy Lee Jones, Will Smith, Rip Torn
Genre: Comedy, Sci-fi
IMDb Synopsis: A streetwise NYPD detective joins a secret organisation that polices alien activity on earth.
My Rating: 7.5/10
My Comment: I am not a sci-fi fan but I really enjoyed the comedy in this movie.

No comments:

Post a Comment