Powered By Blogger

Friday 21 June 2013

Winter Break

Winter Break
After a gruelling two weeks or so of modes of assessment that they call “exams”, or what I like to call them “ the E word”, I am pleased to say I have made it through my first round of university exams. For now as I now anxiously awaited the results. 
Meanwhile the end of exams means the end of the semester. Whoop! Which means... “spring break... But seeing as it is Winter down here, I will call it winter break.
With holidays or breaks comes many hours plopped in front of the television, face_booking and occasionally reading a novel or two wishing I could be more productive. A month is a very long time when you’re not planning on spending it in Hawaii or some other exotic location. But you can survive:  I mean all you really need is decent internet connection and food, and all seasons of your favourite TV show.
It is funny how every time a school break like this comes around, I construct an elaborate to-do list to keep myself occupied, and to prevent the unpleasant “cabin fever”. The most severe symptoms of this ailment is actually wishing you were at school. Yes, it is a true story.
But somehow, when the holiday is coming to an end and we are all conversing with my friends on what they got up to during the summer holidays I always have nothing to say. Zilch!
“Oh, I just chilled... “  WOW!
I did get a holiday job during the December holidays before starting varsity, so I did at least keep busy and do something productive. Even though I did dream of being back home being able to sleep till 11 am every morning.
I’ve got another month off, and I feel like in order to actually achieve the things I plan on doing I should actually blog about it. SO here it is:
·         Learn fluent Japanese
·         Learn how to knit
Ok, that was a joke. But the first thing I embarked on was off course this blog! And DIY projects.
Talking about the blog, there is going to be a few changes going around here to our loyal readers.  Just so you know, it feels really awkward writing about myself because I mean, it’s like talking about yourself.
My mom and I are running our first 10 km marathon. Whoop!
Last year we started running, and were we such diligent athletes. I swear we could have completed the Comrades marathon or something. It all started like this... let me note: I hated running. Maybe because I always ALWAYS came last when I was forced to run as part of interhouse running and I hated how after running, I would be so out of breath and all hot and sweaty and ugh! Highly allergic!
And then we got a school physical education assignment where I actually had to run. And being the studious learner I am, i did dragging my mom along with me for moral support.
Months later, We have been running ever since and even ran a 5km ( we more like walked because the streets were soo full... ).
And then after the euphoria and hype of us telling all our friends we had run a marathon, we stopped.
“ Oh, its too hot!”
“ Oh, I’ve got so much homework!”
“ OH, my fingers hurt!”
So now we are back to where we were, training for another marathon but this time it is going to be 10km. 10 km and 12 weeks. Let us do this!
Anything to get us exercising
Healthy Fridays
Remember when I used to blog “healthy Fridays”? That is still going to continue, but I will mostly be posting recipes that I have tried out because I just love to cook, eat and eat.
Winter Break
The winter bucket list, I like to call it. This is my attempt at keeping busy and blogging about it. Whoop! Mostly DIY projects I get from pinterest!!!!! www.pinterest.com
Book reviews
My dear friend Heather has also inspired me to also occasionally write book reviews. Isn’t she just great? 100 books in one year? AMAZING! I am not going to try and top that, but I guess I could at least try, right?
That is it from me for now. Happy reading J

Xoxox 

No comments:

Post a Comment