Powered By Blogger

Tuesday 21 May 2013

Book Challenge Update (Thirteen Reasons Why and The Last Summer)

Thirteen Reasons Why by Jay Asher (39/100)


"Thirteen Reasons Why by Jay Asher is a phenomenal New York Times Number One bestseller. It tackles the aftermath of teen suicide from the critically acclaimed young adult author Jay Asher- perfect for fans of John Green's The Fault in Our Stars.
You can't stop the future. You can't rewind the past. The only way you can learn the secret... is to press play.
Clay Jensen returns home to find a strange package with his name on it. Inside he discovers several cassette tapes recorded by Hannah Baker- his classmate and first love- who committed suicide.
Hannah's voice explains there are thirteen reasons why she killed herself and Clay is one of them. If he listens, he'll find out why. 
All through the night, Clay keeps listening- and what he discovers changes his life...
Forever."

My Rating: 10/10

My Comment: A highly addictive novel! This definitely changed my aggressive attitude towards suicide. Not that I will ever kill myself, but it did make me more sensitive towards the subject. This book had me in tears and laughter and I didn't get bored at all throughout the whole book. This is a must read, and i suggest that you get your paws on it as soon as you can.


The Last Summer (of You & Me) by Ann Brashares (40/100)

"The long, hot summers spent on Fire Island have always been the highlight of the year for sisters Riley and Alice. Not least because it is there that they always see Paul: their next-door neighbour  Riley's best friend in all the world, and the only boy Alice has ever loved. Then Paul goes to university, and he leaves them both behind.
Three years later, as Alice prepares to start Law School, Paul returns. The trick, he tells himself, is to have what he had without destroying it. But their world will change irresistibly  wonderfully and tragically, with every breath they take."
My Rating: 7/10

My Comment: An easy, breezy read. I regret reading this book in winter. I should've saved it for a nice summer day. I thoroughly enjoyed the story.


No comments:

Post a Comment